Thursday, March 17, 2011

Ricky Bobby Gospel

I watched an interview today about Rob Bell's new book. He said "Ricky Bobby Gospel" one time. I never understood why he said it. 

Something else I don't understand: "Life is a Bikini"
I saw that posted somewhere today. I still don't get it. Maybe someone will explain it to me one day. 

Man, it should be spring break every week, i get all kinds of blogging done!
Although, tomorrow I must FINISH that paper i mentioned in a previous post. school never really goes away. 

I'm really thankful for time in the Word. I'm really thankful for the Word. I'm really thankful for ESV. I'm really thankful for the accountability to be in the Word, not that I don't desire it, life is just "busy." 

I love Romans. I've started over with the SWO group. It's our reading assignment this spring before camp. Usually, they read a christian book. I'm glad we are reading Romans. 

Today I focused on Romans 1:8-12:

First, I thank my God through Jesus Christ for all of you, because your faith is proclaimed in all the world. 9 For God is my witness, whom I serve with my spirit in the gospel of his Son, that without ceasing I mention you 10 always in my prayers, asking that somehow by God's will I may now at last succeed in coming to you. 11 For I long to see you, that I may impart to you some spiritual gift to strengthen you— 12 that is, that we may be mutually encouraged by each other's faith, both yours and mine.

I think it's cool how Paul recognized Jesus as He was thankful for those in Rome. He was encouraged and humbled by their faith. I think it's cool that Paul was humble. I think it's cool that Paul asked God to hold him accountable for His words. I think it's cool that Paul really wanted to visit the Romans. He really wanted to just kiss them and pinch their cheeks! I think it's cool that He wanted to be encouraged by the city that He was so proud of. He didn't take credit for the gospel that was shining so brightly there. He loved them, dearly. I pray that I'm as encouraging and persistent as Paul. 

.....I also pray that, one day, I will be able to not end sentences with prepositions. 

Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD's purpose that prevails.- Proverbs 19:21 

^ A friend posted this as her facebook status today. I'm so happy she did. Winter retreat this year was about prayer. It was wonderful. Since then, I've really tried to pray....correctly. Just be a little more conscious (is that the right conscious to use? conscience. conscious. conscientious? hmm. my english has been REALLY bad lately.) of what i am saying when i am praying to our Heavenly Father. I really want to mean what I'm saying and not just ramble on about anything. I just feel like this is a really good verse to remember in prayer. I really want to pray for God's will...not for all the plans that are up here in this head. My plans STINK. I want to pray scripture back to Him. I think i may go read Proverbs 19 in a few minutes. What is that old saying, a Proverbs a day keeps the devil away...or something? I feel like i heard someone say that recently. HA!

My mom bought me four pair of basketball shorts today for SWO. It made me get excited! She also bought me a smoothie from planet smoothie. I love her. I'm so thankful for my mom!...not because she buys me basketball shorts and smoothies. Just because She's great. 

No comments:

Post a Comment