Monday, April 4, 2011

Nursing School is really hard.

Today was Exam 3 in 1901. It was over the hardest information that we've covered yet. I left the test feeling pretty confident...my confidence left as soon as I viewed my test grade. I am pretty positive one of the worst feelings ever is thinking that you did well on a test, and then finding out that you didn't. But it's okay. That definitely wasn't the feeling I had whenever I saw my grade, but it's what the Holy Spirit brought me too. I praised Him for my last good grade, and i'll praise Him now. I could have made a 0, but He allowed me to earn some points, and I'll be thankful. I never knew that when I signed up for Nursing 1901 that I would be signing up for lessons on humility. I've never really struggled in school. I've had to work hard, and I always considered myself a decent student. Although, I don't think I've "struggled" like I am now. It's humbling and only makes me rely more on Christ. This nursing thing has been my plan now for years, and I feel like my intentions are glorifying to God. So with that, I'll let Him lead me on this path. I pray that my semesters continue to encourage me. At this point, I'm loving nursing school, and dreading test days. I really want to enjoy it all. I would rather not be tense for the next two years....seeing as how tests never go away. 


I'm really thankful for Courtlynd. I'm really happy that I have a friend by my side, who knows what I am going through, that really wants me to succeed. Christ has molded us more and more into encouragers for each other. She did really well on her test, and I'm so proud of her. I'm so happy that the Holy Spirit has taken away the jealously and competitiveness between us. And even though she could have been doing the happy dance, she was concerned for me and how the heck i'm going to pass my next test to stay in this stinkin' program. I <3 her. 


There are 7 sleeping children in the house that I'm in right now. I've grown so close to three of them. I feel like they are my nephews. They strengthen me so much. They are such Godly little boys. I love that when they are angry, they seek what God thinks about that anger. I love that they love each other. I love that they like when I babysit them and hang out with them before bedtime. They are so funny. I really hope that I have kids just like em! I pray for their salvation and sanctification. I pray that they follow the Lord in everything that they do. I pray that the childlike faith that they have now only gets stronger. I'm so thankful that their parents and the example they are setting to them and me. I absolutely love learning from their mom. 


I'm only getting more and more nervous/excited about SWO. I really think that I have no idea what I'm getting myself into. 


My mom and dad have facebooks now. I have been very clear for the past year or so on not letting them have one. I finally gave in. If I would have known how funny it was going to be, i would have made them one a long time ago. 


We had a Sovereign Hope Church meeting last night. I only continue to get more and more excited. There is no doubt in my mind that this is where I am supposed to be at right now. I love my new faith family!


You know earlier when I said that the worst feeling is thinking you did good on a test and then finding out that you didn't? Is that how Jehovah Witnesses are going to feel when Christ returns? Is that inappropriate to say? It really just breaks my heart. That's all. 


Cobbs and Coopers are home! woot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment