Sunday, April 24, 2011

no bueno.

because i'm not feelin' the studying right now...
LOTS of chapters come to a close in the next two weeks. I'll give you the run-down. 
  • Today: last day at Second. I was in the nursery with some sweet babies. I didn't really think about it being my last sunday. It doesn't feel like home anymore, and for that, I am thankful. It's a little bittersweet, but it makes me excited for what the future holds. I'm thankful for all of the people there that have led me closer to my Savior. It will always be what I consider my "church nest." They've kicked me out to fly on now. <--How corny is that?! 
  • Tomorrow or the the 2nd: last day keeping Gracie. I'll be gone all summer, and then I'm not sure their plans for next semester. I've enjoyed this sweet 3 year old. She's given me plenty of good belly laughs. I'm going to miss her every monday. But when I get back, I am SURE to have some Gracie Lou Girl Time. 
  • Wednesday: last Main Event. This is a bigger deal for those who have been there for the last 10 years. But still, it's a "last." Also, my last regular nursing test of my first semester is this day, too. I'm happy about that one. Hoping for a 100 :)
  • Friday: last clinical of first semester. Goodbye Macon Coliseum Northside Hospital. 
  • Saturday: last day at Truett's until the fall. 
  • May 5th and 6th: finals for this semester.
Oh goodness, that is so much. I'm telling you, year 19 of my life has brought change. Obama had nothing to do with it. 

Friday's clinical was absolutely the best one yet. I fell in love with my patient, and I fell in love with her family. She got to go home in the afternoon. She was so happy. She kissed me goodbye. Her daughters gave me a hug and some VERY encouraging words. They were so sweet. I loved being in her room. She loved me being there. She was so excited to go home and eat some collard greens. When I got there on Thursday her entire family was in the room. I mean, they even had the room with the spare room off to the side. It was so sweet. And, she loved Jesus, and I loved talking about Jesus with her. It was one of my favorite days ever. 

I've been meaning to call Brody this week. Maybe I'll do that Wednesday or Thursday. Every week at SWO, i will be assigned a church. I have to be up early anyway, so i would love to offer a bible study time with my assigned church's girls. I just wanted to ask him how realistic that would be. But at this point, if i leave these girls with nothing besides an understanding of how to study God's word and the importance of it, I would be happy. Or maybe just even encourage those who do have a daily study time to persevere and encourage others. I think it has the potential of being a really sweet time. But if i map out something for us to study together, and then the campers totally are never into that, i would be sad. So i think i will call him and ask him the possibilities of such. I never have asked Lauren about it, maybe I'll do that too. 

My parents just brought me home a coke ICEE. who loves them!?! I LOVE THEM!

Laying my life down for the gospel has been on my brain for the past year. Different than it was before. I've always been very "future minded." And i know future minded doesn't sound right, but i can't think of another way to say that at the moment. I've been very focused on my mission in the future, i always felt like the mission field oversees was calling my name. It was pretty attractive to me...still is. But the Holy Spirit is constantly teaching me that He has me here, now, on purpose. I'm in a nursing class with 70ish other people. I want to share Christ with them. I want to be bold. Court has had some really good conversations with one of the girls we have gotten close to. and we don't hold back in our clinical group....and i'm totally thankful for the holy spirit giving us the courage to talk about God. It's easy in our clinical group...and maybe it's because no one has protested yet. But it's good.
Although now, with all of the stress, I've been losing sight of my mission. Of course my goal is to pass nursing school, but i want all of these people to pass through the gates of heaven with me one day to glorify our king together, forever, more than a passing grade. I want to be intentional on building a relationship with these people because I've got a year and a half left with them and I'll probably never see them again. So I want to be a good manager of my time with them, and I pray that the Holy Spirit even prepares them now for the conversations that we are going to have. I just want to be intentional. 

Courtlynd made me a tumblr this morning. yep, that's all. 

But he was wounded for our transgressions;


he was crushed for our iniquities;
upon him was the chastisement that brought us peace,
and with his stripes we are healed.
Isaiah 53:5

Today is Easter. My king is not in the grave. My Savior reigns high. My Jesus defeated death. He rose from the grave, and one day when He comes back, I'll get to, too. I'm excited for that day. 


1 comment: