Monday, February 13, 2012

Rethink.

On February 2nd, I said that my summer would probably not be spent at Snowbird Wilderness Outfitters. I said that I was 99% sure...that percentage may have been off a litte, or that 1% maybe be happening. 


What I failed to remember was what goes on in camp ministry, my love for camp ministry, the overwhelming joy and responsibility that is given to you from the Lord when you see those buses pull up for the first time, the challenges that are faced when your girls "just aren't getting it" and you have to be creative, steadfast, and diligent when you want to give up on them, the girls that come and are changed forever by the gospel, the precious time in the word spent with students, the look on their faces when they have an "aha!" moment, the love of the full time staff that continually pour pour pour into us as we pour into the students that God has SENT us, and all of the ways that I was strengthened, grown, used, challenged, tested, and filled with joy and purpose while serving in camp ministry. GREAT things are happening here, but i will continue to pray for the Lord's will for Summer 2012. I will pray for my priorities to be aligned. NOT that staying or going is a "better" idea, but which one would the Lord have me to be a part of. Either way, God will be glorified. I'm thankful for either decision He leads me to, for I know that will be His good and perfect plan.


These are the things that I'm praying. I will make a list here, if you would like to join me prayer. I ask for your prayers as I need to make a decision within the next two weeks. I pray for clarity for myself. I pray that I would make this decision through time in God's word and prayer, and that even though my decision needs to be made soon, that it would not be hasty. Pray for me about things that will HAVE to be figured out if/before I go (discipleship with Juli - big deal). I pray that I would not make school, any degree, or pride in my status an idol in my life, that if the Lord wants me to pursue school, that I will with joy, and if He doesn't, I won't worry about the classes that I have left to take. I pray that I will not return to SWO for any selfish gain, that i would go to be a servant to our Father on High and to all of the people there. I pray that I serve my local church well, either here or there. I pray for the full-time staff who are currently going through applications. I pray that men and women of God are chosen with confidence for the work at SWO this summer. I pray that I serve the Lord well this summer, and that when this decision is made, I will not just look forward to the future of the summer, but that I would be diligent even now in my classes and the responsibilities that God has given me this semester with a thankful heart that the Lord guides and directs our every step when we ask that our lives be aligned with His will. 


:)

1 comment:

  1. boo, i was in the same place you were last summer. it was a decision i struggled with. God is worth and will be glorified wherever you choose to be.

    ReplyDelete