Thursday, February 2, 2012

Ramblings of February 2nd.

Summer 2012.
It's so far away. I have three options I have been praying over. 


1. Snowbird. 
  • I had pretty much decided that I would not be going this summer. I didn't want to say it, but I have a lot of good things going on here, that could continue this summer. Recently, we were told that not very many returning staff applications were turned in yet. (they are due this month). Which just makes me want to go back for some reason. I LOVED the community during the summer. I loved how fast relationships happened there. It was 3 weeks into camp, and I already knew that I had made some lifelong friends. It was good to be there for that reason. But, I know I also need to pursue relationships like that here. So really, I'm 99% sure I'm not going to randomly decide to apply again....but i do love that place. 
2. Biology class (for my bachelors)
  • Gordon has a separate associates and bachelors program. Lord willing, in 2013, I will graduate with my associates, and then I will start a bachelors program shortly after, that lasts a year long. More than likely, I will not be doing the bachelors program at Gordon...probably somewhere else. But, the core classes are mostly the same for every school. So, it would be convenient if I would complete the first part of my Biology sequence in June. This is something that is very big possibility of happening. 
3. Doula Training. 
  • This is something I've been interested in for years....just never really had the guts to pursue it and didn't really know how. I've recently been researching it more. No matter who I go through to get certified, I would either participate in some sort of class. The two I've looked at have a 3 week class or 1 weekend workshop. This would take place in June, instead of the biology class. I've thought about contacting the doula organizations and asking more questions about the possibility of completing the requirements during nursing school. I'll have to observe a certain amount of births and act as doula for a few to get recommendations....something like that anyway. I really think this is something that I would truly enjoy. But even then, when I am a nurse, will I be able to work as a doula as well? I just think it would be good training to have, and something that i would really enjoy learning about. 

So, those are the options. I look forward to July. That month will probably hold a SovHope trip to SWO, and it will definitely hold Kaitlin and Tim's wedding! So happy to be her Maid of Honor. It's definitely going to be a WONDERFUL weekend! So excited about what God is doing in them. 

I've been a little bit lonely this semester of nursing school. I miss doing it all with Courtlynd and all the other people in the class that I got close to. I've been a little discouraged. But, I am confident that the Lord has me in this class for His glory. I have made a few friends, and hope to make some more. It's a big class, so I hope to maybe just get to talking to some people that are in my seminar class (about 30 people in this class).

I've been so encouraged, though, by God's answers to my prayers for Court. The first week of school there is a huge checkoff for third semester. The checkoffs are terrifying. {especially for Court}  So, i prayed and i prayed and i prayed for God to give her confidence. specifically confidence. She came out of the check off SO excited. She gave me a thumbs up, so i knew she passed it. Then, she continued to tell me that she rocked it. She said she knew all the answers, she wasn't that nervous,  and everything was a breeze. The instructor told her that she could tell she had been practicing and that she was the best of the day....only one person had gone before her, but hey! she was the best so far. haha. So, things are going well. I'm so so very proud of her. So far, she's been a pro at everything. I'm thankful to serve a God who hears my requests and is a good God. 

I'm praying that things with Juli pick back up soon. We haven't really been able to figure out our schedules yet, but at this point, we're just going to put it at a higher priority to find the time. She's currently changing jobs, so i'm praying that the Lord will show her exactly what is next. 

Really been missing Trish Cobb lately. Missing the love and joy that she showered me with. Praying for them as they travel to INDIA next week to visit family. SO awesome. 

I've been pretty excited about having a more relaxed schedule this semester. I've been able to start going to zumba as much as possible! This week, I will get to go all 5 times the class is offered. LOVING it. I'm NOT a runner and I really don't enjoy working out alone, so being able to do something like this to get healthy has been really great! Hoping that 2012 is a healthy year!

I'm excited to look back over this post in July and see how the Lord worked and grew me between now and then. For now, I must go study hard!! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment