Sunday, May 22, 2011

Week One

Snowbird feels like home already.
I  haven't had any sad moments or feelings of regret. I just love being here, and I'm so thankful to God for choosing me to be here this summer. I'm so happy that Lauren, Adam, John, Amy, and Jen told me to come here. I'm glad that I listened to them.
I'm in love with my small group. There are seven of us now. We might start calling it "medium group." :) Their names are Moose, Morris, Kaitlin, Anne, Logan, and Jacey. Wonderful ladies! Actually, I haven't met Jacey yet. She'll be here later. But i just assume she's wonderful as well. Our first night together, we shared our testimony. It was such a sweet time, and I loved getting to know them.
I'm still reading through Romans, and taking little rabbit holes through the gospel. Rob Conti taught us about counseling students and sharing the gospel the other day. It was so challenging. I've never had to think so much in my life. I'm so thankful for the spirit and the fact that He'll be there with me while i'm sharing with students. I'm excited about how exciting the gospel is. It's not a boring story. It's an absolutely amazing truth that dictates my life. I can't wait to share that with all of the students that i'm going to talk to. Brody told us the other day that we are held responsible for all that we tell students. It kinda freaked me out. Although, it really encouraged me to stay grounded in God's word even through the sleep deprivation. Ultimately, I'm just really encouraged and excited, and I really don't know how to put it in words very well.


I've been readying a book by "I, Isaac, take thee Rebekah" a lot today. It's by Ravi Zacharias. It's a realllyyy good book. I'll talk more about it whenever I finish it.


OH! i showered today. i called it my elaborate shower. ahh. it was just so good. To go from showering everyday, to showering maybe every other day...this girl has felt GROSS. Although i've been in the lake. that counts right?!!? mhmm. it does. 


<3

No comments:

Post a Comment