Wednesday, May 11, 2011

sooooo close.

It's been an exciting week! 


Friday, I took my last final of my first semester of nursing school. I ended up with a B and a C this semester. I didn't lie when I said that nursing school was tough. I am thankful for my passing grades. I'll work harder next semester, I suppose, but I learned a LOT this semester. That was really exciting news! :)
What else was really exciting news is that my GPA only dropped by .03 points!! So no worries about losing the HOPE Scholarship yet. I pray that day never comes. I also got to spend some time with Celeste and Jaimie, which was a sweet time..and ashley time friday night. all super fun. 


Saturday was my day to celebrate Courtlynd's birthday. We went to target, and then to Chow Baby in ATL...Where a lot of our friends were, ready to say "SURPRISE." She had no idea. It made me really happy. Somehow I pulled off her cousin from KY coming down. No idea how that worked out. But that was a BIG surprise. She had a great night. It was a lot of fun. And as always, chow baby was DELICIOUS. << i found out the other day that court HATES when i say delicious. good to know.


Sunday was a fun mother's day and then church plant. I'm really loving going through "What is a Healthy Church Member;" It's an easy read, yet convicting and full of goodnesss. The group prayed over Colten, Luke, and I. Made a tear come in my eye. I love those people. It was an extremely special time for me. Colten and Luke leave for Honduras (I think) on Thursday. I pray that they have a wonderful time and that God sends them gospel sharing opportunities left and right. I'm sure It'll be a huge encouragement for Colten's grandma. She is a missionary there. So if nothing else, I feel like them being an encouragement to her would be absolutely fantastic. 


Monday was discipleship and Rachel time. It was my last time with Trish until August. Mondays will be weird without it. I love her so much. I love how she has just taken me under her wing and taught me. The whole Cobb family is precious to me. I thank Jesus for bringing them to Second. 
Rachel colored my hair burgundy and orange. It's so cool. I like it a lot. I was nervous at first...but i trust raerae with my life so i remained calmed. haha! Here is a picture of it:
Rachel took some pictures of me for some "pray for booher" postcards that I'll be sending out. this is one of them. I've never had my picture taken before...like to be serious and stuff. I felt like the biggest doof that ever lived. but it was FUN! 
and then last night Will and Dave came over to watch Tangled. Funny night :)


Today was "Moms and Meredith Day." At Second, I was really close to a bunch of moms and a bunch of kids. I was starting to get close to a lot of youth girls when God chose a different path for me. I LOVE these Moms. Michele has the picture of us. It was a little different than my other two times at Michele's house because we invited the whole gang. It was a PRECIOUS time. I loved all of the kids crawling and running everywhere and then all of the ladies just gabbin! haha. Towards the end of our time together, we all gathered in the blue room for them to pray for me and my summer...all of the moms and meredith, and all of the kids. SIX women and FIVE kids prayed for me during that sweet time. I could be wrong about the five kids. It may have been four kids. Can't remember. I started crying when Meredith started praying (she was 2nd),  I got it back together while Trish was praying (she was 4th), and then I started crying again when precious Ash, Campbell, Landon, and Hanna prayed for me. I love these kids. They were the most precious prayers. They prayed that I would use every opportunity given to me to share the gospel and to make it through all of the hard times when I got tired. So innocent. So sweet. I've been so overwhelmed by people praying for me. It's such a great time. Ever since our winter retreat on prayer, I have seriously valued it so much more. Adam mentioned how many times we say, "all i can do is pray for so and so..." but that is the MOST IMPORTANT thing that we can do. That's the BEST thing we can do. Ahhh good times :) PLUS, Baby Ruth was there. And i've said it before, ANYTHING that includes sweet "boof" is PERFECT. 


Tonight ended with movie time with Court and Jess. i like them. 


:) Greattt week so far. 

1 comment:

  1. You have some people who love you very much. What a testimony to the friend you are, & how the word of God is so essential to your life. So sweet!

    ReplyDelete