Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas.

A very long journey. A very big belly. A dark night. A whole lot of pain. I try to think back to Mary. I've been studying Luke, and almost everyday I go back to Luke 1:38 where Mary says, “Behold, I am the servant of the Lord; let it be to me according to your word" when she first heard that she was with child,  and I pray that my response to the Lord everyday would be those words. How beautifully the Lord gave us His Son who came to serve and to save. Thankful is what I am today. Thankful that every sin that I have ever committed/will commit has been taken away by this little baby. I can't wrap my mind around it. God, in the form of an infant. But, this year has been so different as I reflect on that night when my Savior was born. How God saw that this was absolutely the best way for Him to receive the very most glory. The virgin birth. The star. The angels. The shepherds. From this day, so many years ago, until his death on a cross, He will live a absolutely perfect life...an unfathomable "task." I praise the Lord for this perfect propitiation. I am thankful this was never "plan B." The Lord is good and full of mercy. His grace abounds. The KING is born! May He send His Son again soon! Glory to God in the highest.

Therefore he had to be made like his brothers in every respect, so that he might become a merciful and faithful high priest in the service of God, to make propitiation for the sins of the people. Hebrews 2:17

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment