Monday, September 5, 2011

quick thoughts!

Just a few quick thoughts before i get back to studying:
  • i've got some killer acne on my face. it's the kind that hurts. i'm not really sure what's causing it and my face wash is doing nothing for me. boo. 
  • i've been studying all day with a few short breaks. it's been good. i've been enjoying it, actually, until now. 
  • i've had the urge to clean my room and vacuum all day...those urges only come whenever i'm studying. 
  • Lily Carolina Wallace was born today, and that makes me happy. I'm so excited for John and Amy. They are going to be such wonderful parents. I love them so. 
  • I'm finishing up chapter 4 in James. Only one more chapter and then I'm on to Luke!! I even ordered the MacArthur commentary today. It was probably the highlight of my day. I'm thankful for the desire to read God's Word. 
  • I want to be more Jesus...that's why I chose one of the Gospels to study next. So much we say that we want to be like the best person who ever lived, but we have no idea what He was really like. I'll be reading Acts along side my study in Luke.....since they go together and everything. PLUS, i'm a part of Sovereign Hope now....and I need to know what the NT church looks like if i'm going to be a part of a NT church. 
  • I miss all of my friends that go to Liberty. Some days I desire to be there much more than i desire to be here. 
  • My discipler is leaving me. 2 years and out! I'm so thankful for her and how she taught me about being a woman of God. He really placed her here right in His timing. Now, i get to go to Indiana!! woot. 
  • I'm planning this big road trip for Spring Break of next year. It mayyyyyyy not really work as well as i want too. i may be splitting this trip up. 
  • I get to see Kaitlin and Tim and Tyler on October 7th!!! and for that, i am excited. 
  • I REALLY LOVE GUNGOR. that's all. it's just a good band.
  • I've been doing the 17 day diet since August 22nd. I've lost 8 pounds so far. i like those results enough that i'll keep doing it!
  • Josh G asked me to be a part of some sort of Tuesday night kids bible study at a local church that Second supports, even though i will no longer be a member of Second. I'm praying about it right now. It sounds splendid, and excited that he thought to ask me. 
  • Oh discipleship, it crosses my mind frequently. I'm excited for the little lady who will one day ask me to disciple her....even praying for her now!
  • I'm pretty thankful (not nearly enough) for really not having a life during this whole nursing school thing. It has to be super hard for those with families to care for and bills to pay. Sometimes, i feel a little spoiled. 
  • I'm SUPER thankful for Courtlynd. She's a good friend. real good friend. 
  • For the past two years at this time, i've been getting ready to depart to Brazil. So thankful for those experiences. I think about Alenquer a good bit and wonder what is going on in that small town in the Amazon. So much has changed since we left there 2 years ago....praying for God to correct all that is going on in the church that we built. 
Back to studying about the pregnant woman! First test is on Wednesday! Your prayers are greatly appreciated. 

1 comment:

  1. 8 lbs?! GO GIRL! That's awesome!

    Thought you might be interested in this study material: http://fpcc.org/?page_id=178
    It's from the website of the place I attend. :)

    ReplyDelete